Monday, February 14, 2011

Transformative College Literacy of Literate Black Women Peer Counselors 69


I believe that literacy is extremely important and should be taken very seriously, because it will take u far in life. "Being a literate black woman means that I can speak and what I have to say will be heard because I know what I am talking about." Being literate gives you individuality, it gives the opportunity to know what is going on in the world therefore; you will be able to make your own decisions and have your own voice. Due to that, people will respect it and listen to you. Black women should enforce literacy onto themselves therefore we will be more influential on our youth today. I enjoyed this reading very much because I was able to relate to it on a personal level. I want to be an influence on foster children by enforcing the importance of literacy and education. Being able to use my life as an example of how I came from nothing to Spelman College. However; my journey here is due my ability to network who have been where I wanted to go therefore; I needed to display how literate I was in order to get their help and attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment